Terms & Conditions
‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘you’, ‘yours’, ‘yourself’ and ‘hirer’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the Customers.
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘Hirers Name / Contact’ on the Hire Agreement, any person whose credit or debit card is presented in payment of the Customer’s charges, or any person who deems themselves to be the legal entity and ultimately responsible for the motorhome. Should the legal entity be different from the driver, then full name, address and contact phone numbers must be supplied.
‘Gilbuc Adventures Ltd’ means Calderdale Business Park, Club lane, Ovenden, Halifax, HX2 8DB
‘This Agreement’ means the Hire Agreement, the Insurance Motor Hire Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply
‘Booking’ the confirmed reservation of a motorhome hire and includes the payment of the Booking deposit and/ or full balance for the hire.
‘Booking Deposit’ means the monetary amount required to confirm the motorhome Booking.
Means the hire period as stated on the Hire Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the Vehicle is in the Customer’s possession or control.
Means the Vehicle as stated on the Hire Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Gilbuc Adventures Ltd.
Means the amount held as security by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd in relation to this hire.
Is deemed as any damage sustained to any part of the Vehicle, its equipment and or any third party property.
Calderdale Business Park, Club Lane, Ovenden, Halifax, HX2 8DB.
2. Depot hours
- Monday to Friday: 09h00 – 17h00* Collections are pre agreed for weekends.
*Last collection time for all Vehicles is 1 hour prior to depot closing; it typically takes 1 hour to hand over the Vehicle, all systems required to check out the Vehicle are closed off 1 hour prior to depot closure and staff are unable to process any collections or returns after this time. Unfortunately, if you do arrive after this close off time you will need to make alternative arrangements, until the office re-opens the next working day.
3. Hire rates quoted include:
– Unlimited mileage
– UK standard Vehicle insurance for 1 driver (unless stated otherwise)*
– UK standard equipment & breakdown**
All prices quoted in the Agreement are gross prices.
*Insurance loading. In some cases, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has traffic convictions, more than 1 insurance claim or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the Customer.
**Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the motorhome. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat Vehicle battery, wrong or insufficient fuel, keys locked in a motorhome etc, will be the responsibility of the client.
4. Minimum Hire
This ranges from 3 to 7 nights depending on the season. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to increase the minimum hire period for certain events.
A Booking is only binding after it has been confirmed by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd and a Booking deposit payment of 25% of the total hire cost has been received. Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy apply from this point onwards. Once the Booking is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the client. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel the Booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure. Payment is accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), debit cards or bank transfers. No American Express or Cash.
For late Bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full hire price is payable on Booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed.
Driver means any person who is authorised by Gilbuc Adventures to drive the vehicle.
- Age limits:
- Standard insurance: 30 to 70 years
- Insurance for over 70’s drivers: 71- 75 years. This is by special request and agreement only with Gilbuc Adventures Ltd & their insurer. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd must be notified at the time of Booking should any driver be over the age of 70. Additional information will need to be provided and cover is not guaranteed.
- Maximum of 2 drivers per hire.
- All drivers must have held a valid licence for more than 3 years that entitles them to drive a UK category B Vehicle up to 3500kg GMW
- Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence cannot hire our auto models and this must be declared at the time of booking
- All drivers must be present at checkout of the Motorhome. No exceptions can be made
- Copies will be taken of all identification presented and will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
- If you have a photocard GB licence we require the photocard and your NI (National Insurance) number to check your licence details on the DVLA’s online system. We are unable to insure you if we have not DVLA checked your licence details
- If you have a modern Northern Ireland licence, we require both the photocard and the paper counterpart
- Your licence address must be your current home address, in addition to this we will require 2 further proofs of address within the last 3 months.
- All drivers whose licences are issued outside of the EU or Commonwealth are required to supply a valid International driving permit alongside your standard licence at the start of hire. This must be issued in the country your standard licence was issued and must confirm you are able to drive a UK category B Vehicle up to 3500kg GMW. Should any driver fail to present all the correct documentation and identification on collection of the motorhome or do not meet the driver requirements stated in the terms and conditions, then Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will be unable to release the motorhome and no refunds will be given
- Endorsements on licences: you must declare at the time of Booking if there are any endorsements on your licence. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd can accept up to 6 speeding points that occurred within the last 3 years (charges may apply). For more than 6 points or for any conviction other than for speeding, including, but not limited to the following codes: AC, BA, CD, DD, DR, IN, LC, MS, UT, MR and TT or for any driver disqualification within the last 5 years Gilbuc Adventures Ltd may not be able to get cover. No refund will be given if the hire is cancelled because we are unable to insure you to drive.
- Insurance claims: You must declare at the time of Booking if you have made or had Vehicle insurance claim made against you within the last 5 years. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd may not be able to get cover should you have had 2 or more claims within the last 3 years
7. Cancellation charges
- Within 24 hours of booking: £25.00 admin fee
- More than 6 weeks before: 25% of total hire cost or Booking Deposit (whichever is greater)
- 6 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
- 2 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge
A ‘No Show’ is deemed as the Customer not presenting themselves on the first day of the Hire Period to collect their motorhome and not communicating to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd prior to this date that they will be collecting the Vehicle on an alternative date/time within the booked Hire Period. Should the hire be deemed a No Show, the Booking will be automatically cancelled at close of business that day and the Vehicle will be released for re-hire by another party. No refunds whatsoever will be due.
Every cancellation request needs to be made in writing and will be confirmed by us in writing. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
8. Car Parking facilities
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd does allow Customers to leave their Vehicles at their own risk onsite for the duration of their motorhome hire as long as
- they do so at their own risk; Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot and will not be held liable for any damage caused to their Vehicle whilst on site
- the Customer locks and secures their Vehicle and removes any personal items on show
- the Customer retains custody of their Vehicles keys
Note: car parking spaces are on a first come first served bases and are not guaranteed. Should Gilbuc Adventures Ltd not be able to provide car parking facilities, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will not be held liable and will not cover the cost of alternative parking facilities or the transport to and from its location.
9. Motorhome Collection & Return
- Collection: Standard collection times are between 2pm-4pm. You must arrive at least 1 hour prior to depot closing. Please see section 2, depot hours for further details. Please allow 1 hour for the handover at the depot; this allows us to complete the documentation and demonstrate your Vehicle to you. All drivers need to be present on collection of the motorhome and must bring their full valid licence and passport and credit or debit card for Security Deposit. Please see section 12, Drivers for further details.
Note: Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will make every effort to have your motorhome ready for the collection time you have selected however Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot guarantee that your Vehicle will be ready for this time. Should this be the case no refunds will be due to you, there will be no extension of your hire, and the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out below.
- Return: Standard return times are between 9am-10.30am. The Vehicle must be returned on the correct date and before the time stated on the hire agreement. Hirer will be liable for the full Security Deposit amount should they abandon the Vehicle without agreement from Gilbuc Adventures Ltd – please allow 1 hour for the hand-over at the depot. Vehicles must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and LPG gas. The waste water and toilet cassette must be emptied prior to return and the interior clean, in the same conditions as when the motorhome left the depot otherwise a charge will be made for additional valeting and/or upholstery cleaning if required. In addition, a separate toilet cleaning fee will apply if the toilet waste tank is not empty on return. Please see section 13, Rental and other charges for further details. Please note that there are no toilet emptying facilities at Gilbuc Adventures Ltd’s depot so this must be emptied prior to return. Motorhomes must be returned to the depot stated on the hire agreement. Should a motorhome be returned to the wrong depot then a relocation fee of £500.00 will be charged. Vehicles should never be returned or abandoned out of depot opening hours without prior agreement. Any vehicles returned or abandoned out of depot opening hours may result in loss of security deposit.
- Lost property: It is the hirers responsibility to make sure that upon return of the motorhome all of their personal possessions & rubbish are removed from the Vehicle. The Vehicle may be going back out again on hire that same day, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot be held responsible should an item be left on board. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will do our upmost to contact the hirer if items are handed in, these items will only be stored for 2 weeks before disposal/charity.
- Late return: If you will be late returning, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd must be advised immediately. Failure to do so may result in a prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £50.00 per hour will also be payable for all late returns. *Unless pre-booked late return in our extras section.
10. Motorhome Systems
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will carry out a full Pre-Checkout Inspection (PCI) on every motorhome before the commencement of your hire. The PCI involves testing every system on board the motorhome to ensure they are operating correctly. In conjunction with this the hirer will be taken on a tour of the motorhome and shown how each system works. Should an onboard system fail during your hire, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will make every effort to remedy the fault whilst you are away but in some circumstances this may not be possible and Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot be held responsible and will not refund any monies should a loss of service be encountered nor have any obligation to provide a replacement Vehicle. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot be held responsible for any consequential events, losses or costs arising out of the failure of any items/system on board the motorhome. In the case of winter hire, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cannot and will not be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
11. Vehicle acceptance
- You acknowledge having received the Vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the Motorhome Handover Checklist and with a full diesel tank, full AdBlue tank, full LPG gas bottle and full fresh water tank
- You acknowledge that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will not refund to you any monies if the Vehicle is returned or you cease to have use of the Vehicle or an item of equipment on the Vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. Accident, weather, theft or damage
12. Change of Vehicle
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable Vehicle for the Vehicle ordered. In that event, you shall not be liable for any increased hire pertaining to the substitute Vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of This Agreement.
Should the Customer decide to change the motorhome that they have booked, subject to availability Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will try to accommodate the request where possible. Should there be an increase in the daily hire cost, the client will be liable for the increased premium in line with section 6, payment terms. Should the daily hire cost be lower, the original booked price will stand and no refund will be given. Should Gilbuc Adventures Ltd not be able to accommodate the request and the Customers decides to cancel the Booking, Gilbuc Adventures Ltd cancellation terms shall apply, see section 7, cancellation charges for more details.
13. Rental and Other Charges
You will pay Gilbuc Adventures Ltd:
- All hire charges
- The Security Deposit
- Administration fee of £25.00 per amendment of a confirmed Booking or per penalty charge notice received
- The nominated valeting fee and /or upholstery cleaning fee if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition
- The nominated additional fee of £100.00 if the toilet and waste water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the Vehicle.
- The nominated refilling fee should any of the Diesel, AdBlue and or the LPG tanks not be returned completely full (unless the fuel package was pre-purchased prior to departure) are:
- ¾ to full = £75.00
- ½ to ¾ full = £90.00
- ¼ to ½ full = £120.00
- empty to ¼ full = £140.00
- The Late fee of £50.00 per hour should the Vehicle be returned after the agreed time as stated on the hire agreement.
- The nominated cancellation fee as per the cancellation policy in the event of cancellation of This Agreement prior to acceptance or delivery of the Vehicle
- The cost of any damage to the Vehicle or third party property, subject to the insurance or CDW cover
- The insurance excess should there be damage involving third party property or the theft of the Vehicle. This applies in respect of each claim, not hire.
- All government fees and duties etc
- All parking fines, other fines or penalties and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Hire Period
- Any other fees or charges payable by you pursuant to This Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd as a result of any breach by you of the terms of This Agreement
- Demurrage; the nightly hire rate for the period the Vehicle is off fleet; e.g. for accident repairs
- Any additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value should damages exceed the Security Deposit value
- The cost to recover a Vehicle
- In the case of gross negligence Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to recover full costs in order to return the motorhome to the state in which it was handed over
14. Errors in Hire Charges
Total charges as set out therein are not final. You agree to pay any shortfall in charges to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd and you will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd.
15. Security Deposit
There is a refundable GB£1000.00 Security Deposit payable by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only, no American Express), or debit card. The card should be in the lead drivers name and the amount will be debited from your account immediately. Pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to increase the Security Deposit in certain circumstances or for specific events e.g. World Cup events, Festivals, clients travelling with pets, for any other hire where the Motorhome is carrying 4 or more adults to GB£1500.00. Cheque and Cash payments are not accepted against the Security Deposit.
- On taking delivery of the Vehicle, you agree to pay the Security Deposit
- You irrevocably authorise Gilbuc Adventures Ltd to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by you to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd arising out of This Agreement
- Cardholder must be present to complete the security deposit and should have a phone/device which is linked to your banking app that will allow confirmation of the hold transaction. Failure to comply may result in cancellation of hire.
- In the event that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment; a pre-authorisation for the full security amount will be processed and authorised by the Customer either by entering their card details and submitting them through our online self check in system or by inputting their card into our card terminal and entering their pin number
- The Security Deposit will be refunded within 7 working days or the open security payment will be automatically released by our bank once the Vehicle has been returned to the depot as per the criteria set out in section 9, Motorhome collection and return and as long as there are no outstanding insurance claims. It will not be refunded on return of the motorhome.
- Should any damages or costs exceed the Security Deposit the Customer will be responsible to settle all additional costs over and above the Security Deposit value within 7 days of being notified of the cost.
16. Use of the Vehicle
You agree that during the Hire Period, you will not allow the Vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner
- Used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by you to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Left open whilst the Vehicle is unoccupied
- Left with the ignition key in the Vehicle while it is unoccupied
- Left unoccupied without the TV/DVD covered
- Driven by persons
- Under the age of 25 years
- Aged 70 or over unless agreed
- Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading ‘Hire’s name/ contact’ on the Hire Agreement
- Damaged by:
- Submersion in water
- Contact with Salt Water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to tow any Vehicle or trailer
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in This Agreement
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under This Agreement
17. Road Restrictions
- All Vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads
- You acknowledge that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
18. Alterations to the Vehicle
You shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
19. Title to Vehicle
You acknowledge that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd retains title to the Vehicle and its contents and that you possess the goods as a mere bailee only. You do not have any right to pledge Gilbuc Adventures Ltd’s credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. You shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
All Gilbuc Adventures Ltd motorhomes are non-smoking Vehicles which includes the use of vapes & e-cigarette. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to impose additional Valeting and or Upholstery cleaning fees and charge demurrage should smoke be detected in the motorhome.
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd authorises the use of these Vehicles up to the stated number of passengers. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst the Vehicle is in motion. Here listed are the numbers of people, including the driver that each motorhome can legally carry: 4 berth = 4 passengers. Carrying more than the specified number of passenger is against the law and in breach of This Agreement. Child seats are available in our extra’s for applicable fees and it is the responsibility of the hirer to fit them themselves. Children up to 12 years of age or 135cm in height, which ever they reach first, must use the correct child restraints appropriate for their weight/height under UK law.
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd authorises pet(s) to be taken on board if:
- prior written consent has been obtained from Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- an increased Security Deposit is paid (see section: 15, Security Deposit)
- they are not left in the Vehicle unattended
- they are not allowed on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery (this includes the beds, seats/sofas)
- the Vehicle is returned in a clean and tidy condition as if a pet was never present. Should this not be the case, or any pet hairs are found, cleaning charges and upholstery cleaning charges will apply. The minimum charge for this is £100.00
- you agree to cover the cost of all damage caused by a pet, even if it exceeds the Security Deposit (see section 13, Rental and other charges for further details)
- Gilbuc Adventures Ltd’s Pet policy is signed and adhered to
23. Insurance (provided all the personal information supplied is correct)
The Vehicle has fully comprehensive insurance. But does not include any personal insurance for the Customer (including death or bodily injury to the driver) or cover any personal possessions. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of GB£1000.00 (GB £1500.00 if dog is included within booking) per accident, reported incident or Vehicle theft. In the event of any damage to either the Vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the first GB£1000.00 per claim.
Only persons named on the Hire Agreement are insured to drive the Vehicle.
24. Vehicle Damage – Insurance Cover
You are aware that:
- The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party; but does not include any personal insurance for the Customer or their possessions
- The Standard Insurance does not cover Overhead Damage. The hirer will be responsible for the cost to repair all damages
- You will have to pay an excess for any Insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is GB£1000.00 per claim, not per hire.
- Responsibility when accident occurs
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Vehicle, you will
- Notify Gilbuc Adventures Ltd immediately and our insurers on ..
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
- No Security Deposit or insurance excess will be refunded until any claim is settled
- You shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including checking oil, coolant and AdBlue levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
- You are aware that the Vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of diesel, AdBlue and a full tank of gas and that it is my responsibility to replenish these throughout my hire and return these all full otherwise charges will apply. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will not be held responsible should I run out of any of these during my hire
- You acknowledge that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will reimburse you for expenditure up to UK £40.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio and DVD equipment, provided that:
- You produce relevant receipts: and
- You have received the prior consent of Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of This Agreement
- Subject to the terms of This Agreement, you will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Hire Period. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will reimburse you for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- The tyre is defective and is returned by you to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd for inspection; and
- You produce relevant receipts; and
- The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
- CDW was taken out
- You will be liable for any costs associated with allowing the engine oil, coolants or AdBlue to run empty and cause damage to the Vehicle’s engine
- You will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Gilbuc Adventures Ltd motorhomes run on DIESEL
27. Credit and Debit Card Payment
Visa card and MasterCard credit cards only. All debit cards accepted.
- Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will accept payment by credit cards approved by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- When payment is paid by credit, debit or pre-paid currency card, you agree that:
- Gilbuc Adventures Ltd is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit or debit card issuer all amounts due by you pursuant to This Agreement, including but not limited to those outlined in section 13, Rental and other charges
- You will not dispute your liability to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd for any amount due under This Agreement and you shall indemnify and keep Gilbuc Adventures Ltd indemnified against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying your credit or debit card issuer of such dispute
- Gilbuc Adventures Ltd may process the credit or debit card voucher; in the event that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment, which will be cancelled 7 days after the completion of the Hire Period, as per clause , Security Deposit, you agree that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd is entitled to recover payment from your credit or debit card issuer pursuant to clause 28, section b, sub-section i & ii, in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment
- You acknowledge that all transactions under This Agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling.
28. Payment of Charges, Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by you under This Agreement are due on demand by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd. If you do not pay all charges on time, you agree to pay interest at 1.5% per month above the base rate as published by HSBC on the outstanding balance and any additional costs incurred by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd, including reasonable legal fees to recover the outstanding money owed. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the Customer pursuant to This Agreement.
29. Terminating the Agreement
You acknowledge that Gilbuc Adventures Ltd may terminate This Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that you will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
- You are in breach of any term of This Agreement
- You have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- Any statement, representation or warranty made by you in respect to yourself or additional drivers is incorrect
- The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date
- Gilbuc Adventures Ltd considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. You understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, you have no right to a refund of any part of the hire charges or the Security Deposit
30. Release and Indemnity of Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute Vehicle, you release Gilbuc Adventures Ltd, its employees and agents, from any liability to you (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by you by reason of This Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service Vehicle or on any Gilbuc Adventures Ltd premises or recovered or handled by Gilbuc Adventures Ltd
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Gilbuc Adventures Ltd, you hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Gilbuc Adventures Ltd, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle
Any changes to This Agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Gilbuc Adventures Ltd and by me.
32. Force Majeure
Gilbuc Adventures Ltd will make every effort to ensure that the reserved Motorhome is available for you at the correct time. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, this is not possible and if an alternative or acceptable Motorhome is not available our liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by you.
33. My Warranties
You warrant that all information supplied by you to Gilbuc Adventures Ltd in connection with This Agreement is true.
34. Proper Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which This Agreement was signed.
35. Data Protection
- To fulfill this contract/ agreement placed with us, including but not limited to motorhome hire and production of the Hire agreement, your personal data including copies of all identification documents provided and all data entered in the Hire Agreement will be retained for 7 years for the purpose of, but not limited to the defence of any legal claim(s)
- To fulfil our legal requirements as a Vehicle hire company
- We will not transfer your personal data to any third party outside the THL group. unless:
- It is to enrol you in a third-party membership including camping and caravanning club memberships
- It is for on road Vehicle assistance for example Vehicle recovery/breakdown providers and repair workshops
- It is to our insurer and Read Hunt
- It is to the police, local authorities, councils or DVLA if we suspect or are notified that a road traffic offence/ contravention has occurred
- It is to local authorities, councils and private parking companies if we suspect or are notified that you breached private parking terms and conditions, dart and congestion charges
- To insurance companies if we suspect or are notified of an incident with a third party
- It is to the police, DVLA and Customs and Port authorities if we suspect or are alerted to criminal activity
- Our bank or merchant provider in line with transactional processing
- You are in breach of our agreement in which case we may notify the BVRLA’s RISC database, police, our solicitors, debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies and any other relevant organizations
- The third party is our subcontractor or a member of our companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions
- It is between software systems that we use for the purpose of our business as a Vehicle hire company including but not limited to Aurora, Cosmos, Sugar CRM, Workshop software, Airtables, Google drive, Mailchimp
- It is for feedback on our products and services provided
- You have submitted a photo into a competition that we have run. By entering our competition you agree to the photo(s) you submit being posted to our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites. We may also use it for posters and advertising and share with our partners, wholesale and web-based agents for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- It is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
By entering into This Agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with This Agreement including data collected from the Vehicle which may include your location(s) from our Vehicle tracking system and also diagnostics (telematics). We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of This Agreement we can pass your personal information to any relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Hire and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
36. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of This Agreement. Gilbuc Adventures Ltd reserves the right to add or amend the Vehicle specifications and hire charges without prior notice. This Agreement does not affect your statuary rights under civil law.
If you have any queries about our terms and conditions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 07460193187.
Last updated 31st May 2023